Suggest treatment for fluctuating body temperature in a toddler

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My toddler had a fever of around 100 earlier and now shes sleeping and when we checked it again its 96.6. Why is it so low
Often skin temperature is measured low but that does not necessarily reflect the core temperature of the body. You need not worry about it.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 minutes later

Brief Answer:
Lethargy and reduced urinary frequency are signs to look out for

Detailed Answer:
Give paracetamol is temperature is above 100. You should get concerned and take the child to a doctor if fever occurs and lasts for more than 7 days or if the child becomes lethargic. Reduced urinary frequency is another warning sign to look out for.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha