Suggest treatment for fever, cough and body ache

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I was having fever and cough and it was diagnosed as virul fever which is ongoing currently throughout the city.
I was treated with paracetamol 650 every 4 hrs. The temperature was normally reaching 102.

After about 7 days fever went down but the body ache and other discomfort is still there. Again on 4th feb doctor presribed antibiotics GLEVO 500. for 5 days.

Yesterday I did a blood and urine test.

I am sending the report for your study.

Meantime I usually have nasal polyps and taking treatment
Nasal spray flixinase
Mouth puff poweder foracort 200 twice a day
Night 10 mg montelukast

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mild urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I have been through all your tests and there are all within the normal levels except--

1) urine analysis which indicated a very mild urinary tract infection . You can either take a wide spectrum antibiotic as Ciprofloxacin 750 mg every 12 hours for 10 days or you can do a urine culture sensitivity to find out the type of bacteria causing the infection and treat accordingly

2) C-reactive protein which is a little elevated in response to the infection

You should continue on your other medications as prescribed by your doctor as they seems sufficient.

I hope you find this helpful

Feel free to get back to me in case of any further queries

Kind regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 13 hours later
Thank you very much for the advise.

I would like to inform that I have already take Levofloxacin 500 OD for 5 days. And should I go ahead with Ciprofloxaicin as you recommedned?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ciprofloxacin is more powerful

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I recommended ciprofloxacin as it is more powerful and covers a wider spectrum of pathogenic organisms. if ciprofloxacin is not available you can continue Levofloxacin for 5 more days . I hope you find this helpful, thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 6 hours later
I have ciprofloxacin 500 mg.
So what could be the dosage?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Every 8 hours for 10 days

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, you can take Ciprofloxacin 500 mg every 8 hours for 10 days.

I wish you a good health.

Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 28 minutes later
Thank you
Just started on the dose.
Shall keep you updated.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are more than welcome.
Kind regards