Suggest treatment for eczema

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, my name is XXXXXXX My children has Ehler Danlos. The nurse from their school wants to make vaccines for them but when they were small they had allergies and eczema and the doctors said to us to stop to make vaccines for them and after we did this everything were gone after some month, no more allergies and eczema today. In which way the vaccines will affect my children now in the age 10,12,17? Allergies and eczema will be back?
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should go ahead with the vaccines.

Detailed Answer:
hello,
some vaccines can produce allergic reactions, but generally they should not be the cause of eczema and generalised allergies.
I feel that the benefits of vaccination outnumber the risks associated with them , and therefore children must be given the recommended vaccines.
if however any particular vaccine is producing a severe allergic reaction like a rash immediately, or urticarial rash or difficulty in breathing it should never be repeated.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana