Suggest treatment for difficulty in breathing while suffering from severe cough

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: How to treat cough allergy,what to do when difficulty in breathing arise at the time of coughing, please suggest quick remedial measures
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Corticosteroid inhaler is the quick remedy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome to HCM.

I appreciate your concern for the difficulty in breathing while coughing and its quick remedy.

If you have an allergic cough and you get difficulty in breathing, then Inhaled corticosteroid is the quick remedy for the relief of bronchospams (narrowing of the air ways).

Alternate choice would be a bronchodilator (Salbutamol) inhaler.

Hope to have answered your query.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
What are the best medicine for this type of allergies, and what type of food to take to strengthen the anti allergic reactions n what type of food should be avoided.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antihistamines are effective in controlling the allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,
Good afternoon.

Thanks for your reply.

1. For prevention of the allergy, the best remedy is avoid the suspected food that may be responsible for causing the allergy. However, antihistamine like Loratadine or Cetrizine are effective in the treatment & prevention if the symptoms are mild.

2. Following fruits/foods are found to be effective in the prevention of allergy

Fruits rich in Vitamin C - oranges, grapes, apples, fresh tomatoes, etc.onions, Fruits rich in bioflavonoids like apples, onions, nuts, etc.
Foods rich in magnesium- almonds, cashews, wheat XXXXXXX

I advise you to consult an allergist who will conduct tests like skin prick test, blood tests to help identify a food allergy. While these tests alone do not always provide clear-cut answers, the allergist will combine your test results with the information given in your medical history to provide a diagnosis.

Hope to have answered your query.

Wishing you best of your health.