Have ginger ale.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The cough that you have is due to a post nasal drip
. If it is associated with pain in swallowing then bacterial infection or tonsillitis
is suspected which needs an antibiotic treatment to subside.
Right now you can take cough lozenges or some ginger ale to soothe the throat irritation
. Put on the humidifier in your room. Having some steam inhalation with a few drops of Eucalyptus oil will also help to bring in relief.
You can follow the following remedies:
1. Stay hydrated. Fluids can help reduce the dryness of the airway and help symptoms
2. Gargling with hot saltwater can help cleanse the throat.
3. Elevate your head with pillows at night to ease a chronic dry cough
4. Do not smoke or use tobacco product.
5. Avoid inhaling irritants such as smoke, dust, or other pollutants.
6. Ginger and balsam (tulsi) used in tea, also reduces dry cough.
7. Avoid hot and spicy foods
In case the cough persists then a steroid
inhaler will help in bringing relief.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal