Suggest treatment for chronic hepatitis B infection
There are treatments
there are treatments like interferon, tenofovir and entecavir and some second-line agents. These are not drugs you could take over the counter though. You should consult your doctor regarding treatment decisions. Laboratory testing is required prior to treatment of course.
is supplements like astragalus capsule helpful to me?
Gastroenterologist or infectious disease specialist
you should consult a gastroenterologist or an infectious disease specialist. The supplements won't make any difference regarding chronic hepatitis B.
my children had vaccine for hepa b. are they secured that they wont be infected by me? i breast feed them? they are all CS section.
Many questions, please read on...
it's good that you don't have any symptoms but it does not mean that your body has cleared the virus. Only tests can confirm or exclude that. Vaccinated children are probably well protected but an antibody measurement against the core antigen is needed to confirm vaccine effectiveness.
Breastfeeding is not supposed to transmit the virus. You should take care of your nipples though because bleeding is dangerous and may result in transmission.
any side affects of the treatment you mentioned aboved?
there are a lot
Interferon has a lot of side effect, like fever, Blood disorders (leukopenia etc), malaise, elevated transaminases, etc
Tenofovir's most common side effects include diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain etc
Entecavir is better tolerated usually. Common side effects include headachr, dizziness, weakness etc
There is no easy treatment and sometimes the initial choice may have to be modified.
Receiving the treatment is a good choice
if you have chronic hepatitis B then receiving the treatment is the only choice and it's not supposed to make things worse. Chronic hepatitis B may cause cirrhosis and cancer, so it's not just something that you can transmit to the others if you're not careful enough. It can be deadly. Your husband should be tested also, if he hasn't done so already.
it takes a long time
This treatment lasts for a long time. The shorter time can be from 4 months for interferon to many years. Sometimes relapses occur or resistance develops. This is not easy but this is all we've got right now.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic hepatitis b cure
- Chronic hepatitis b causes
- Treatment and cure for chronic hepatitis b
- Chronic hepatitis b carrier
- Symptoms of chronic hepatitis b
- Chronic hepatitis b infection
- Chronic hepatitis b virus
- Chronic hepatitis b treatment
- Suggest treatment for chronic hepatitis b
- Chronic hepatitis b virus infection
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?