Suggest treatment for chills and mild fever in an elderly person
It can be due to some infection.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Her problem can be due to some infection in body.
Does she have painful urination or lower abdominal or back pain?
Is there any discomfort or pain in throat or ears or nasal congestion?
Does she has any wound in body?
Does she has any gynecologcal symptoms like bleeding ?
A blood and urine routine examination including ESR will be necessary to rule out any infection or inflammatory process running in body. In case of positive infection antibiotic will be needed.
She can take paracetamol for fever now.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for chills fever sweating headache stomach cramps
- Having cough chills aches fatigue headache and fever treatment
- Sudden onset fever chills in elderly
- Chills mild fever frequent urination taking pain relief medication treatment
- Mild fever with dizziness chills and headache taken ibeprophen suggestion
- Treatment and cure for fever/chills
- Fever chills in 5 year old treatment
- Fever chills joint pain no relief with typhoid treatment suggestion
- Sore throat mild fever chills
- Fever chills incessant cough mucus muscle pain treatment for symptoms