Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for chicken pox

Answered by
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 4168 Questions

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am having skin blisters which have increased in last 2 days. I have attached the images. I also have some fever and headache.Can you tell me what infection it is.
I have sent the images of blisters to YYYY@YYYY . Please refer to those images. E emails I have sent with 3 images in each.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have chicken pox infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the rash with blisters over the skin.
After analyzing all the pictures I can get that you have chicken pox infection.

It is a viral infection which manifest itself in form of rash and blisters. It is accompanied by fever and body ache.

I suggest you to meet a dermatologist or a physician at the earliest. In my patients I suggest them to take an antiviral tablet such as acyclovir or Famcyclovir or valacyclovir as per body weight.

Continue with paracetamol 8 hourly after meals. Take light food and take rest of few days.

I hope this helps. I will be happy to help you any further.

With regards,
Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Paracetamol

doctor1 MD

Ive have urethra swollen and the doc give me chloronapax paracetamol and pain killer . but the swollen become smaller but still there . and my period is just spotting and can it be because of stress . because iv keep thinking about what ive been through . im never had sex .

doctor1 MD

Yes. I just printed information from WWW.WWWW.WW concerning acetaminophen prescription combination drug products with more then 325 mg. recommendation to discontinue prescription dispensing. I am taking hydrocodone-acetaminophen. Should I take this information to my doctor on my next visit in Feb. 2014?

doctor1 MD

My mom is 68 yrs old woman and have swelling and stiffness in her joints of the arms and legs, her feet are swollen, she had been operated on the knees 3 yrs ago for change of knees and she have arthritis for the past 15 yrs. She is on medication like voveran- a pain killer and she is taking a paracetamol tablet when ever she feels feverish. her pain is still stagnant even after taking a painkiller. Her stiffness is more in the morning but resides as the day passes. she drinks a peg of black rum or whiskey every evening before going to sleep. Please advice.

doctor1 MD

I have a real sharp pain under my ribcage, ive had it for about 4 days now. I have taken ranitide and paracetamol but nothing stops it. today it has eased off but ive just eaten and the pain has come back. it hurts to breathe in and if i push under my ribs its really tender

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My wife seems to be have mumps , her right cheek is swolen and she has pain. She wanted to take Ibuprofen , however the medicine instructions states check with your doctor if you have asthma . do you have any other pain reliever or pain...

doctor1 MD

Hi..8.5 month old baby got a fever 99 degree Fahrenheit..Baby little irritated. Duty doc only available. Gave babygesic & sinarest af ( .6 ml, 3 times a day)cani give him other foods now? Citrus fruits? Anything to be worried

doctor1 MD

I have a recurring pain in my stmach right side a few inches above my hip, What can it be??