Suggest treatment for chicken pox

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am having skin blisters which have increased in last 2 days. I have attached the images. I also have some fever and headache.Can you tell me what infection it is.
I have sent the images of blisters to YYYY@YYYY . Please refer to those images. E emails I have sent with 3 images in each.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have chicken pox infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the rash with blisters over the skin.
After analyzing all the pictures I can get that you have chicken pox infection.

It is a viral infection which manifest itself in form of rash and blisters. It is accompanied by fever and body ache.

I suggest you to meet a dermatologist or a physician at the earliest. In my patients I suggest them to take an antiviral tablet such as acyclovir or Famcyclovir or valacyclovir as per body weight.

Continue with paracetamol 8 hourly after meals. Take light food and take rest of few days.

I hope this helps. I will be happy to help you any further.

With regards,
Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD-DERMATOLOGY