Suggest treatment for burning and tingling sensation in calf
Nerve pathology suspected, shingles unlikely
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.
Tingling sensation on skin over calf and buttock is most probably due to nerve related disease.
Shingles causes blistering distributed over a single dermatome and tingling sensation and pain distributed over that dermatome.
Dermatome is the part of skin supplied by a single nerve trunk.
Buttock and calf are supplied by different nerve trunks and lie in different dermatomes, thus, shingles is an unlikely possibility.
I suggest you to consult a physician for clinical assessment and relevant investigations to find out the cause of symptoms.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Serological test for shingles suggested
Hello and welcome again,
Shingles is caused by reactivation of virus in ones own nerve trunk.
Thus, if the virus is present in your own nerve trunk from previous infection, shigles can occur irrespective of fact whether you had contact with infected person or not.
Vaccination can cause symptoms of fever, headache or pain localized to site of vaccination.
The tingling sensation that you are experiencing now are not very characterstic of shingles, however, you can get serological test for shingles for the infection.
Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burning sensation breathing issues tingling sensation uneasiness no fever treatment
- Tingling sensation in left arm after chemo treatment
- Tingling sensation in head cause said to be concussion treatment
- Recurring rash on forehead tingling sensation treatment
- Treatment and cure for tingle sensation/ numbness
- Treatment and cure for Tingling sensation
- Dryness in mouth tingling sensation on tongue suggestions
- Knee has burning tingling sensation
- Burning tingling sensation on shoulder blade
- Tingling sensation in urethra and scrotum suggestions