Suggest treatment for bumps on the funny bone nerve

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have 2 bumps that seem to be over the (funny bone) nerve. One is a little bigger than .25" the other is half that. They are in line with each other and are soft and move.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Causes detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

There a few possibilities as to what a soft XXXXXXX lump in the elbow can mean. These are
1. Ganglion Cyst: This is because muscle tissues in the area of the joints can become inflamed through strains, sprains or repeatedly being injured.
2. Synovial Cyst: is a fluid-filled sack
3. Lipoma- a collection of fat cells.
4. Swollen Lymph Node: This can be due to infections like bacterial or viral.
5. Bursitis or Epicondylitis: This is also a infectious tissue.

To get rid from this problem you may need a course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs. Usually these types of bumps get recovered by medications. But it is always advisable to consult your doctor and get clinically examined. Nothing can be commented without clinical examination of the bump. So feel free to consult your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj