Suggest treatment for bronchitis

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Jan 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello-
I am currently suffering from bronchitis. I was sleeping and I must have had a hypoxic episode because in my sleep I felt a jolting king of feeling below the breastbone and my left arm reflexively extended. It lasted about a secon no pain. I woke up and was hot and sweat pulse of was 84 heart rate in the nineties. Within in a few seconds pulse of was up to 94 and heart rate down to 72. Flushed, sweaty feeling passed within about ten minutes. This has never happened to me before and I am frightened. Was this a heart attack? Should I go to ER?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
For the moment I don't think that you should go to ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!

I read your query and understood your concerns.

You have experienced a new onset of chest discomfort accompanied with some sort of palpitations. Fortunately it lasted a few seconds and most of lifethreatening problems last longer.

This is why for the moment I don't think that you should go to ER. However if the problem is repeated, last longer or discomfort is more intense than you should go immediately to ER.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Benard