Suggest treatment for brain fog

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have somewhat of a brain fog..slightly off kilter, but able to function?
I feel slightly disoriented.I have HBP and conjecitve heart failure. Is my reply still being worked on????
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get examined by a doctor

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Transient impairment of consciousness or forgetfulness can be due to transient ischaemic attack or transient global amnesia.
Sudden rise in blood pressure can also lead to such presentation.
You should get examined by a physician or neurologist.
Blood pressure measurement, blood sugar, renal and liver function should be done.
Brain imaging may be required if some examination findings are abnormal.
Upload any reports if available.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 40 hours later
I did go to a neuurologist several months ago... He found nothing abnormal. My blood pressure is always low - I take a water pill most every day. Lasix 80ML and 50 ml Spironolactone.

My condition is light headedness and slight disorentation. Could my Conjective Heart Failure be a factor? Any suggested medications?
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get treatment modified as advised

Detailed Answer:

You can get the dosages of lasix and spironolactone decreased.
Persistently lower blood pressure maybe the cause of such lightheadedness.
Visit to your treating cardiologist.

Wishing you good health and early recovery.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj