Suggest treatment for body dysmorphic disorder

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello, I am 24 years old male. I think I have problem with hormones when you read you think I am crazy but I swear that is what is happening to me. I am not sure what causes it. My body shape changing to girl like and my face. My hair in chain start to decrease and my eyelashes start to get very long and my above hair start to get very long easily and very soft. I went to a doctor and he took a blood test to test testosterone and thyroid function. He told me it came back normal. By the way I could have an erection and orgasam. But the problems once I aroused in not private area and I feel my body turning to women like or masturbating without having an orgasam will cause the same.even when i run my waist get very bigger than my shoulder And my testicle gets very red. And even after I masturbate, I feel like I can't breath. If I eat and walk 5 minutes I feel to throw up. I went to abdominal doctor, He did an ultrasound and scope. And told all you have is gas problems nothing to worry about.

I feel once the blood reach my thyroid gland it secrete something that causes all the problem.Because i noticed when i walk and jog, it happened. So i read about rubbing your skin will increase circulation. So i decided to rub it, it cause the problem. Just to make sure I was not sexually active in years. I just masterbate once a month. I notice all things when i became active.

I read a lot in internet and I came out with this. I believe my body converting testestrone to estrogen.

Please help some people think i am freak or something. It is really davestating to me feeling that way.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety, escitalopram is used for treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
I am sorry to hear you are going through this, but the symptoms that you have mentioned does not suggest any illness. As you have done TFT and testosterone, they are normal, you should not be worried.

The symptoms mentioned indicate more of anxiety, even though I have not examined you but based on the information provided by you, that you have seen many doctors and they have not found anything wrong, I would suggest you not to worry and relax, you are fine.

I would have treated you with Escitalopram which is commonly used for anxiety problem, as these is prescription based agent, I would suggest you to see psychiatrist for help.

Hope this help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar