Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for body dysmorphic disorder

Answered by
Dr. Harish Naik

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2613 Questions

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello, I am 24 years old male. I think I have problem with hormones when you read you think I am crazy but I swear that is what is happening to me. I am not sure what causes it. My body shape changing to girl like and my face. My hair in chain start to decrease and my eyelashes start to get very long and my above hair start to get very long easily and very soft. I went to a doctor and he took a blood test to test testosterone and thyroid function. He told me it came back normal. By the way I could have an erection and orgasam. But the problems once I aroused in not private area and I feel my body turning to women like or masturbating without having an orgasam will cause the same.even when i run my waist get very bigger than my shoulder And my testicle gets very red. And even after I masturbate, I feel like I can't breath. If I eat and walk 5 minutes I feel to throw up. I went to abdominal doctor, He did an ultrasound and scope. And told all you have is gas problems nothing to worry about.

I feel once the blood reach my thyroid gland it secrete something that causes all the problem.Because i noticed when i walk and jog, it happened. So i read about rubbing your skin will increase circulation. So i decided to rub it, it cause the problem. Just to make sure I was not sexually active in years. I just masterbate once a month. I notice all things when i became active.

I read a lot in internet and I came out with this. I believe my body converting testestrone to estrogen.

Please help some people think i am freak or something. It is really davestating to me feeling that way.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety, escitalopram is used for treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
I am sorry to hear you are going through this, but the symptoms that you have mentioned does not suggest any illness. As you have done TFT and testosterone, they are normal, you should not be worried.

The symptoms mentioned indicate more of anxiety, even though I have not examined you but based on the information provided by you, that you have seen many doctors and they have not found anything wrong, I would suggest you not to worry and relax, you are fine.

I would have treated you with Escitalopram which is commonly used for anxiety problem, as these is prescription based agent, I would suggest you to see psychiatrist for help.

Hope this help.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Blood test

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am Satendra 28 year old. before one month ago my hemoglobin level is low as per hematology report. then I have used Dexorenge syrup. then hemoglobin level is now normal. I want to know that, Will there be any side effects on prolonged use of this syrup. pls suggest the same.

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir ,iam having a positive igm test of tb but a negative tb test as well as a negative igg test.iam suffering from tb ,.Also iam suffering from seronegative artheritis,though my test for ra r negative ad only c-reactive protine test and esr test r out of range .My age is 30 years , weight 67 kg ,height 5.4ft

doctor1 MD

For about a month and a half I have had a dull pain more like discomfort in the area just to the right of my belly button and down about an inch or two and at times feels as if it moves to my right along my beltline. I have had a blood test and Ct scan of my abdominal area all coming back normal. Pain is generally when I am sitting. Standing and moving I have almost zero discomfort.Do you have any ideas

doctor1 MD

I ve been having RUQ for 8mos. My GI doc says I m fine (normal US, normal blood tests, Hida scan BGEF 88%, endoscopy showed no ulcers , biopsies normal). I ve pretty much given up and just live with the pain (the symptoms read like a poorly functioning gallbladder ), but last night I had a glass of red wine (cut with water) and the pain was double or triple what it usually is. What would cause that?

doctor1 MD

I am having sinus pressure and I recently had pneumonia . I do use salt water rinse. Today I kept falling asleep. I got up and ate dinner but tonight I am again fighting to stay awake. I saw my Doctor yesterday, she did a blood test . Thank you, XXXX

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?