Suggest treatment for an itchy rash on the back
Thank you for your query.
I've seen the photo attached and gone through your query.
Based on these, I believe you have tinea corporis (ring worm).
I recommend :
- Clotrimazole cream to be applied twice a day for two weeks or till the lesion completely heals, whichever is later.
After this reduce it once a day for a week and then once every alternate day for a week, then stop.
It is important to reduce gradually in order to completely treat it
-avoid hot/warm baths, harsh soaps, cosmetics on affected area
-cool compresses & anti itch lotions like calamine with aloe Vera can help relieve symptoms.
-if itching is severe a steroid - antifungal (Clotrimazole) combination will help.
If the above measures don't provide relief & improvement in 1 week or if itching is severe see your doctor right away to check for other possible infection and stronger medications for which you may need a prescription.
Hope this helps.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
Tinea corporis can present differently
Thank you for the follow up.
I understand your concern. Tinea corporate can have many presentations. Did the hydrocortisone cream help?
This can relieve itching but unless used with an antibiotic cream can worsen the infection.
If it is dermatitis and not an infection, the steroid creams (hydrocortisone or stronger ones, if indicated) and a moisturizer will help.
The only to confirm it is by testing the affected skin.
I recommend that you try the creams and if not better in a week or worsens, see your physician or a dermatologist to Confirm.
Hope I've helped
Please let me know if I can help you with anything else. I would like to hear back from you about whether my suggestions helped or not.
Hope you feel better soon.
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for acne rashes on shoulder back
- Suggest treatment for rash on arms and back
- Suggest treatment for back injury
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for itchy rash on midriffleg and back
- Suggest treatment for rash on upper body and back
- Treatment and cure for back rash
- Rash in inner arms waistline lower back suggest treatment
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain