Suggest treatment for abdominal and scrotum pain

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Doctor,
I need guidance for my abdominal and scrotum pain.
My scrotum on right side is enlarged and there is pain on right side of stomach.
I get interim relief if i masturbate but this enlarges and now heavy in weight.
There is sudden sharp spike pain at times on right side of testis,
I have developed itching severely as well and sweating is another symptom developed.
Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be Infection or Torsion of testis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it looks like Infection of Right Testis and Epididymis called Epididymo orchitis. If the infection spreads upwards to the spermatic cord,pain will be elicited in the abdomen on the same side.I prescribe Antibiotic like Cefuroxime tablet along with Anti inflammatory tablet to my patients with similar complaints.
Another important condition that has to be excluded is Torsion of the testis.
Colour doppler of the scrotum and Ultrasound abdomen will confirm the diagnosis.
Hence, I request you to consult your doctor, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 27 minutes later
Thanks for the reply Doctor.
Could you please suggest the dose usage of the tablets.
Additional symptoms.
1) Frequent urination, unable to control
2) Stomach Bloating.
3) Excessive Sweating , hot flashes across body.
4) Itching spread across body, but more at both testis bags.
Feel quite embarrassed to address this issue and hence online help.
I dont have any problem in urination, I only masturbate and also unmarried.
This inflammation looks awkward and heavy and irritates my day. Pls help and suggest
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The dosage of Cefuroxime tablet is 500mg twice daily and Anti inflammatory tablet Hifencac D twice daily.
The first three additional symptoms are due to Infection and associated inflammation of the Testis and Epididymis.
Itching could be due to Fungal infection. But,it has to be examined clinically and diagnosed.
I request you not to hesitate. Please consult a General surgeon or Urologist and confirm the diagnosis.
Hope I answered your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 16 minutes later
Thanks doctor for providing clear insights, Will do the necessary investigation.
Is the dose before food morning and night?
Any anti-fungal drug prescription that can be applied on testis?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose is after food.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The medicines have to be taken after food ,after breakfast and Supper. If there is discomfort in upper abdomen after these medicines, I prefer an Proton pump inhibitor like Rabeprazole.
Simple antifungal cream containing Micanazole will help.But,I request you to consult your doctor and use it.