Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for OCD treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
Hi, I'm 25 years old 150 lbs female, I've suffered from OCD, social anxiety, and anxiety and for the past 3 years I have been suffering on and off with depression. I currently tAke 50 mg of fluxvoxamine which helps with some of my OCD but not completely. I originally started with luvox cr 4 years ago took for 2 months and worked wonders but I had no insurance and had to go on to fluxvoxamine I've tried to take higher amounts of fluxvoxamine but it gives me extreme insomnia night sweats and night terrors. I'm writing to you asking for your advice if there is an antidepressant that could work with my fluxvoxamine or if I should try to go back luvox cr.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Add rameron or risperidone Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW From the description you have provided, I think you have responded well to fluvoxamine (Luvox CR is the trade name of fluvoxamine and very costly). I suggest you to increase dose of fluvoxamine, dividing in two equal amounts for morning and evening time , and add Rameron ( Mirtazapine 7.5mg) or risperidone 0.5 mg at night . You should be fine in 3-4 weeks Please discuss thoroughly with your treating doctor about the same before making any changes in your treatment plan. Any more queries are welcome Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor