Suggest tests to diagnose skin disease in children
Ig E elisa and food allergy specific IgE
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
For chronic skin disease, it is better to rule out allergic issues . I would recommend Total IgE along with food allergen specific IgE .
This would give some clue to avoid the offending allergens.
Also get thyroid profile tested too.
Thank you for your quick response to my question. However, I have reviewed thyroid symptoms and believe this is not the case. I will look into allergies testing even though I also believe it is not. This is a situation where three siblings are having the same symptoms and I am wondering how 3 kids can have same allergies. In addition, it is an ongoing condition no matter where they are or what they have eaten. The only thing that I have noticed is that the heat seems to make it worse. Is there any type of blood test that look into blood cells' health? Or can blood cells damage cause a skin condition?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat disease diagnosed by this stool test report
- Mountex test for diagnosing tuberculosis in children
- Diagnosed with psoriasis and dry skin taking rejuglowgel suggest
- Diagnosed with lyme disease suggest the treatment
- Skin disease of children
- Diagnosed with advanced periodontitis gum disease suggest some home remedy
- Diagnosed with celiac disease struggling with anxiety depression suggestions
- Been diagnosed with fatty liver disease peptic ulcer suggest
- Suggest tests to diagnose cushings syndrome
- Having skin disorder not able to diagnose the problem suggestion
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....