• question-icon

Suggest remedy for liver cyst

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Recent ultrasound shows "coarse Liver Parenchyma" with complex cyst measuring 1.7 X1.4 X1.5 cms Dr. recommends checking in one year....do I need more studies....I also take Enbrel and Methotrexate for RA and don't know if that has anything to do with it. I do not drink alcoholic beverages.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries, watch out for pain or jaundice. If not, control in a year

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do not think you need to worry much as the size of the cyst is relatively small, and the description of the liver parenchyma is not suggestive of anything serious (like cirrhosis, abscess nor hepatocellular carcinoma).

A repeat ultrasound in a year to me is appropriate. However, in case you experience signs or symptoms like pain around the liver area, jaundice or severe fatigue, you might need to see your doctor for further tests.

As of now, no need to worry.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain