What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Oct 2017 in General Health
Question: Dear Doctor,
Kindly review the reports and suggest possible treatments and their approx. costs in XXXXXXX I also would like to know the chances of survival after the treatment.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
sorafenib is one of the options

Detailed Answer:
Hi

This appears to be an advanced case of hepatocellular carcinoma. This is not operable. The patient also has hepatitis B with altered liver functions.

Here we can only try to control the disease. One option is sorafenib, which has been prescribed. It costs around Rs 10000 per month. Other options which can be considered (may be along with sorafenib) are chemoembolization (cost around Rs 100000) or radioembolization (cost around Rs 600000). All options are available in XXXXXXX but we need to evaluate the patient before confirming which ones are possible in him.

Unfortunately the survival chances are grim and on an average these patients survive 6-12 months.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng