Owl Image

Suggest remedy for heart burns and tingling in throat and chest

ENT Specialist
Question
Good morning. For about a week or two, I haven't been taking normal deep breaths. My chest feels a little tight. My breaths feel shallow and fast and I've noticed that my upper chest and throat area slightly burn/tingle when I breathe. Also, if I drink liquor straight i get a burning sensation, feels like heartburn.I don't have a cold/running nose/major coughing.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may be having acid reflux

Detailed Answer:
Hello

From your complaints it looks like that you may be having acid reflux , a condition called as gastro-esophageal reflux (gerd).

The acid reflux will cause a burning sensation specially on taking liquor or spicy food and this can cause a swelling of the food pipe causing the chest tightness which you are experiencing.

please avoid smoking , hot and spicy food and meet your doctor who will examine you and start you on the necessary medications.

Please dont delay.

Thanks