Suggest remedy for breathing difficulty and shortness of breath

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 25 May 2015 in General Health
Question: I am clearing my throat a lot lately and have burning in my throat and took a short walk to the mailbox and had difficulty breathing as shortness of breath and I last week I had some of these symptoms and also include heartburn for a few days. Obviously, I took medicines for my throat which I thought was allergy related by taking a Zertec and Zantac for heartburn. Most of my symptoms went away last week but this weekend like today have come back?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This seems like simple stomach acid issue

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.

You symptoms are pretty much consistent with non ulcer dyspepsia, or in simple language m stomach problem, or acidity.

Acid keep irritating the esophagus which feels like a sore throat ,,irritated esophagus and trachea produce more secretions so one keeps clearing throat.

This can also cause cough in morning mostly after waking up.

There are certain measures you can take which will help you control your symptoms.

1) Avoid bitter sour food.

2) Avoid fizzy, sour, decaffeinated drinks, , don't take tea or coffee at all.

3) Avoid smoking and alcohol if you use them.

4) Increase fibre content in your food strictly avoid junk, use whole wheat products , you can even use fibre supplements (organic ones)

5) Eat red and white meat less for some days.

6) Reduce weight if you have more weight than you should.

7) Don't wall asleep or lie down immediately after dinner. have a 15-20 mins walk.

Then we come to meds,

1) You can use antacids over the counter for quick relieve like syrup Gaviscon.

2) I would prescribe my patient with Omeprazole or any other PPI they really help.

3) Then my patients responded really well to prokinetics like motillium.

4) I would also ask my patients to take zantac in night if they took omerpazole in morning to add the effect.

Things will get better with time in a week or so.

....

I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S.

Resident M.D.