Suggest remedy for breathing difficulty and shortness of breath
This seems like simple stomach acid issue
Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
You symptoms are pretty much consistent with non ulcer dyspepsia, or in simple language m stomach problem, or acidity.
Acid keep irritating the esophagus which feels like a sore throat ,,irritated esophagus and trachea produce more secretions so one keeps clearing throat.
This can also cause cough in morning mostly after waking up.
There are certain measures you can take which will help you control your symptoms.
1) Avoid bitter sour food.
2) Avoid fizzy, sour, decaffeinated drinks, , don't take tea or coffee at all.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol if you use them.
4) Increase fibre content in your food strictly avoid junk, use whole wheat products , you can even use fibre supplements (organic ones)
5) Eat red and white meat less for some days.
6) Reduce weight if you have more weight than you should.
7) Don't wall asleep or lie down immediately after dinner. have a 15-20 mins walk.
Then we come to meds,
1) You can use antacids over the counter for quick relieve like syrup Gaviscon.
2) I would prescribe my patient with Omeprazole or any other PPI they really help.
3) Then my patients responded really well to prokinetics like motillium.
4) I would also ask my patients to take zantac in night if they took omerpazole in morning to add the effect.
Things will get better with time in a week or so.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Experiencing shortness of breath and difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath and metallic breath
- Raspy breathing short of breath
- Baby breathing short breaths
- Suggest medication for difficulty in breathing
- Is difficulty with breathing or shortness of breath a side effect of elidel?
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty
- Difficulty breathing shortness of breath
- Are shortness of breath or difficulty breathing symptoms of pericardial effusion?
- Breathing problems shortness of breath