Suggest remedies for short term memory loss

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am forgetting a lot of things. Short term memory. I can remember times and things of long ago, but forget things I hear within minutes is there anything i can take to help my short term memory? I keep seeing advertisements for different things I can take, but do they work? Do you have any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Causes can be several.Neurological examination.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I suggest that, you should undergo a physical examination by a neurologist for memory testing to establish if there is an actual memory loss or are these just age related changes?

Further, if there is an actual significant memory loss (dementia), the cause of same can be several-starting from nutritional deficiency (B12 deficiency) to metabolic (like Hypothyroidism) to structural brain diseases( like Normal pressure hydrocephalus) to Degenerative (Alzheimer's).

Next step should be to visit a neurologist in person, for further evaluation.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)