• question-icon

Suggest remedies for severe headache in temple region

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have a major headache on both sides in the temple region I have a fever of 100 (rarely have a fever). I generally ache all over. I have been a little unsteady on my feet as well. BP 149/80. Normal for me is 125/ 80 +/- 5 on both readings. This is day 2. Advil r Tylenol does not touch the pain. Surfed does no seem to help either
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tramadol + Paracetamol.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, headache you refer is affected both by fever and moderate high blood pressure.

I think drugs that contain both Tramadol and Paracetamol should help in relieving your headache. ( tramacet 37,5/325 mg for example, three times a day ).

Advil could increase blood pressure.

Also the cause of your fever should be assessed by consulting with your primary care Doctor.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical