Suggest remedies for runny nose, sneezing and dry cough

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am suffering from cough and cold from the past 3 days. Having running nose, sneezing and dry cough. Please advice.
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take tylenol and benadryl!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. This is suggestive of a flu. Antibiotics are not needed as most flu is caused by viruses which the body can deal with. To control symptoms, I recommend tylenol and Benadryl. Take as much as 1g of tylenol every 6-8hours and a tablet of Benadryl twice daily. This will relief symptoms and keep you feeling okay while the body gets the infection controlled. Finally, keeping warm, drinking much water, increasing fruits and vegetables intake as well as regular exercise would be very helpful.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to as for more information and clarifications if need be.