Suggest remedies for poison oak rashes
Calamine notion. If severe, prednisolone is added. Kindly send an image.
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this worry about poison sumac. This generally causes urticaria on areas exposed to this. Is it possible that you upload an image for review? This way I can provide a personalized and helpful plan to you depending on the location and severity of the skin reaction.
Generally, calamine lotion to calm the itch and pain. If the reaction is severe, we may need prednisolone to calm the swelling and pains as well.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spreading red welt rash related to poison oak
- Poison oak rebound rash
- Poison oak and diabetes
- Poison oak rash left dark scars
- Poison oak rash on penis
- I recently had rash from poison oak and i scratched it now elbow is swollen red and hot to the touch
- Recurrent poison oak rash
- Do poison oak rashes leave behind scars
- Poison oak rash welts come up week later
- Images of poison oak rash on skin