question-icon

Suggest remedies for poison oak rashes

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016
Question: how to cure/treat poison sumac
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Calamine notion. If severe, prednisolone is added. Kindly send an image.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this worry about poison sumac. This generally causes urticaria on areas exposed to this. Is it possible that you upload an image for review? This way I can provide a personalized and helpful plan to you depending on the location and severity of the skin reaction.

Generally, calamine lotion to calm the itch and pain. If the reaction is severe, we may need prednisolone to calm the swelling and pains as well.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah