Suggest medication to lower cholesterol levels
You may start statin
Hello,Mrs XXXXXXX I am Dr.Rajesh Teli,MD
I have gone through your question.Thanks for using HCM.
I suggest you to get your complete lipid profile along with blood test called SGPT done.Statin group of medicines are very effective to lower cholesterol,but they may have side effects on liver.So we monitor liver enzyme SGPT to judge its side effect.Normal value of SGPT is less than 40U by most of methods.As per guidelines SGPT upto100 is acceptable for low dose statins Viz.Atorvasatin 5 mg.
I recommend that you get your fresh lipid profile and SGPT done ,
having obtained these reports i shall guide further.
I hope this satisfies your query
My best wishes
Thank you for your early reply. I have done my lipid profile also .MMy total chlorestrol wads 235mg/dll. Triglcerides 142 HDL 58 LDL VLDL 28 LDL 159 RATIO 4.2 Also after liver function test the SGPT WAS 42 UL/DLDL. AS u advised sir I will take atorlip 5mg daily once. Also can I take supplements like fish oil and flax seef oil while taking atorlip 5mg?HHope that I will get a reply for this. Thank you Dr once again.
yes you may start atorvastatin 5 mg
Hello Mrs XXXXXXX
As your SGPT is 42 you may safely start Atorva 5 mg.you should target cholesterol less than 150 and LDL below 100.you should monitor SGPT.you should modify dose in consultation with your treating doctor depending upon lipid level and SGPT.
My best wished
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Supplements to lower cholesterol without medication
- Obese on hypertension medication abnormal cholesterol levels advice
- Done with the cholesterol test give suggestion and medical prescriptions
- Have high cholesterol suggest medication
- Can you lower your cholesterol level without medication
- High levels of tsh cholesterol and triglycerides medication
- Medication for reducing cholesterol levels
- Will medical marijuana help lower triglyceride and ldl cholesterol level
- Ivf medications affect cholesterol levels
- Drugs/medication for high cholesterol level
- Suggest treatment for pain in chest that radiates to the back
- Is TOF just a temporary correction and people with this has to undergo...
- What causes degenerative changes in spine of a person with diabetic...
- Suggest treatment for blood discharge from mouth along with tingling in...
- What causes heaviness on left side of body after eating heavy food?
- What causes water retention and reduced urination when diagnosed with...
- Suggest medication to lower cholesterol levels
- Can Cilacar-T be taken instead of Tenormin for BP?
- Suggest treatment for hypertension when suffering from chronic kidney...
- What causes shaky feeling and weakness after exercising?