Suggest medication for diabetic Ketoacidosis apart from intravenous insulin
About Diabetes treatment;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern.
Ketoacidosis is rare at type 2 Diabetes.
the symptoms you described are due to high glucose levels, persisting high for weeks or months.
As Trulicity and Januvia didn't help, insulin therapy is probably needed but HbA1c level would be a better indicator for it.
So, you should see a physician to adjust the treatment of Diabetes.
Anyway, ketoacidosis may be treated even with rapid acting subcutaneous or intramuscular insulin therapy with close monitoring of glucose levels.
You should try to see a physician as soon as possible.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetic ketoacidosis in adults
- Non diabetic ketoacidosis symptoms
- Can diabetic ketoacidosis cause confusion?
- Clinical manifestations of diabetic ketoacidosis
- Pathophysiology of diabetic ketoacidosis
- Non diabetic ketoacidosis
- Can i take humulin r for diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Are shortness of breath symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Diabetic ketoacidosis and constipation
- Management of diabetic ketoacidosis