Suggest Ideal Dietary Supplements For Healthy Pregnancy
Need some additional info.
Thanks for writing to us. Let me know few things:
1) What is your last date of periods?
2) Were your cycles regular or irregular? Duration of monthly cycle?
3) When did you undergo the test? Any history of past pregnancy or miscarriage?
I will be looking forward for your earliest response and give proper suggestion.
1) 5 April is the last day of my last periods.
2) cycle was regular
3) i underwent the test 2 days back. This is the first pregnancy and mo history of miscarriage.
I have few queries:
1. Is it necesarry to go for another pregnancy test? What are the other tests available to confirm pregnancy, both at home and if i visit doctor.
2. Please prescribe the medicines qhich can be easily avaialble at XXXXXXX (India).
Waiting for your response.
Do beta-hCG and TVS scan. Consult with gynecologist for prescription.
Thanks for your updated information. Followings are my comments:
1) According to your last period date, I can assume that you are currently more than 7 weeks pregnant. You don't need to repeat home pregnancy test at this stage. However, I can suggest you to undergo one blood test for beta-hCG and Trans Vaginal Ultrasound scan (TVS scan) to know the status of pregnancy and fetal well being.
2) You should start taking prenatal vitamin supplements at the earliest. These are essential for better growth and development of fetal nervous system.
You should consult with local gynecologist for complete prescription for vitamins (include Folic acid, DHA and B12) like FOLERA MD or FOLGEL and anti-emetic like DOXINATE or GOODMORN etc. Vitamin should be taken once daily, 1 hr after meal and anti-emetic, 2 tabs at night. Both medicines are continued till 14-16 weeks.
These are preliminary and some other medicines may be required according to your clinical symptoms and lab test reports. Your doctor will guide you and you should do periodic check up.
3) You need to take nutritious balanced diet with more protein and extra calorie. Foods are to be taken: a) Fresh juice everyday from citrus fruits (orange, grape, tangerine) - 1 cup or take solid fruit like apple, banana.
b) Green vegetables like broccoli, XXXXXXX spinach and others like carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, winter squash, corn, yellow or red peppers, tomatoes etc.
c) Dairy foods or products for baby's growth and keeping your bones strong. To get sufficient calcium, drink milk and eat yogurt, cheese. Calcium-fortified soy milk can be taken if you can't digest milk.
d) Protein foods like lean meats, poultry, fish and eggs with minimal amounts of fat. Beans, lentils, split peas, nuts and seeds are also good source of protein.
e) You should take small amount meal (contains whole grain) for 6 times daily. It includes whole grain breads, cereals, crackers and pasta. These will provide fiber and helps to reduce constipation.
4) You should drink more water (2.5-3 lit/ day) for better systemic and feto- placental circulation; AVOID heavy work or lifting heavy object, long journey, high heel shoe, uneven surface, too much forward bending; need adequate sound sleep; maintain genital hygiene properly.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Is it possible for you to provide me the prescription . I will start with the dietary supplements and then in few days i will visit the doctor personally.
I will be very much thankful if you can provide the prescription. As of now i am bit reluctant to visit the doctor. But i will visit one very soon. Till that time if i can get a prescription, it will be helpful.
Consult with local doctor for prescription.
Thanks for follow up query. I understand your concern.
1) It is your first pregnancy and you are already 7 weeks pregnant. You should consult with GYNECOLOGIST or local doctor at the earliest without hesitancy or wasting time. Your baby needs those supplements and vitamins for growth.
2) We can give you proper guideline, suggestion and recommended medicines for your healthy pregnancy. However, we CAN'T provide complete prescription from the web without visiting our patient. Hope, you will understand our limitation.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck and take care.
You are most welcome in this platform and must visit to your local doctor. For future query, you can directly ask me through given link.