Suggest ayurvedic remedies for spondylitis

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Ayurveda
Question: have a spondylitis issue , body pains at at legs/pulling.. could you suggest Best Ayurvedic doctor in Hyderabad?
Does Ayurvedic help in treating these kind of issues? Even if chronic
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
further necessary information regarding rheumatic disorder

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting with the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and after reviewing your case history, I'm of the following opinion:

1. As you are HLAB27 positive [Ankylosing spondylitis] thus possibility is of "Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy" as such is:

- reiter's syndrome/reactive arthritis
- arthropathy of inflammatory bowel disease [crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis] is ruled out or not?
- any family history of HLAB27?

2. Are there any chest/eye involvement?

3. Duration of suffering from pathology and treatment received?

4. In Ayurveda, we consider Rheumatism under ‘AMA’ i.e. disease arising from/due to improper metabolism so treatment and Management are directed towards
i. Expelling the already formed AMA, : methods to prevent further AAM formation [deepan/pachan ]
ii. Avoid urad dal, curd, fish, jaggery, milk, incompatible and heavy food, suppression of natural urges, anxiety, grief, outdoor activities when the sky is covered with clouds, and cold wind.
iii. Take maize, horse gram, karela, dried ginger, garlic, ajwain,saunf, XXXXXXX marich, saindhav lavan, hing, jeera, old ghee, lukewarm water, castor oil, light walking, sudation, warm clothes, garlic and ginger mixed buttermilk.

. fry 250 ml ginger juice in 250 ml of til tail, when 250 ml remains [make sure oil doesn't get burn], filter it after cooling and massage.
. boil 1 spoon dried ginger in 4 cups of water till 1 cup remains, filter it and add 2 spoon castor oil and drink.

5. I personally don't know any eminent Ayurveda physician in XXXXXXX but if you are interested in treatment and management aspect I can courier you the result oriented medicine [prepared by myself]

PS. since as you already know that Immunosuppressants is/are required for treatment purpose [taking sulfasalzine] and majority of disease are AI [autoimmune] in nature thus it is accepted that this disease is due to some genetic defect and only conservative treatment can be given [since deletion of the gene is required], as such I will start with Rasayana chikitsa [Immunomodulation] therapy in you.

Please revert back with your clarifications.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 2 days later
Thank you Dr for reply,
answering to you question;
1)Rhematologist said its mild starting stage of arthiriz 6 months back,
2)Yes may father had Rhemato arthiritis
3)I have this issue, body pains/pains in some part of body like leg back side ( like pulling)pain in hips for last 2 years now.

Also, for the medicine you courier , can we take this medicine while using SAAZ? you are from which city?

can you give some more information on Rasayana chikitsa, where and when can i get this?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
necessary clarification

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back

1. As this is the mild stage of starting of disease, thus you should definitely go with Ayurveda treatment to break the AMA [Rheumatoid Factor in allopathy] circle.

2. As seen by rheumatologist he/she must have given due consideration in excluding other pathology of the hip and then came to this diagnosis. [one can take an opinion of Orthopedic surgeon]

3. Yes you can definitely take the medicine along with SAAZ, moreover, it will help alleviate the side effects caused by SAAZ and removal of AMA from the body, I live in XXXXXXX

4. Rasayana Chikitsa: OR IMMUNOMODULATION (Immunity)

In Autoimmune disease, Rasayana drugs (Rejuvenation/Immunomodulators) should be instituted in your management as part of XXXXXXX (palliative) therapy i.e. which corrects the dysfunction of tissues without disturbing the functions of normal tissues, also Rasayana drugs potentiates humoral antibodies, by increasing serum Immunoglobulin’s such as IgA, IgG, and IgM, natural example being

i. Proteins are essential for antibodies production so milk, egg (white), beans, yogurt, soymilk, pumpkin, squash, watermelon, peanuts, almonds, if non-vegetarian (meat) are choices.
ii. Vitamin A: helps to maintain Thymus gland which is a powerful antiviral gland: thus XXXXXXX carrots, cantaloupe, egg yolk, apricots, pumpkin, papaya, are ideal.
iii. Vitamin C: is needed for proper functioning of the immune system: Amla is best.
iv. Vitamin E: is a powerful antioxidant which helps to stimulate antibody production: peanuts, dried apricots, cooked spinach, taro root can be taken.
v. Vitamin B is important for the activity of phagocytes: eggs, cheese, pistachio, raw garlic, sunflower and sesame oil.

PS. Rasayana chikitsa is tailor-made for the disease, and not available in the drug store, so If you want to get the Rasayana Chikitsa, kindly let me know so that I can courier you the medicine for the same along with Rheumatoid Arthritis medicine.

Dr. Munish
Naimittika