Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from thyroid problem. Thyroid test done. What does the report say?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
My daughter XXXXXXX, 24 years, suffer thyroid problem. Attach scan result. Please advise. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in. I have gone thru the reports. She is having primaey hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition in which thyroid gland doesnot make enough thyroid hormone. In this condition TSH will be high & T3,T4 levels will be low. She will have to take lifelong thyroid hormone replacement. If she has already been on thyroxine treatment and still TSH is high it means either she is not compliant with the medicines or the dose is suboptimal. Another important thing is thyroid hormone has to be taken early morning & empty stomach. Hypothyroidism is a simple problem if treatment is taken properly & all the symptoms related to it will resolve once TSH comes to normal. So dont worry ask to start treatment as soon as possible if she hasnt so far. Once TSH is normal & maintained in that range it would not cause any oyher problem.
Hope this helps,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from thyroid problem. Thyroid test done. What does the report say? 36 minutes later
Thanks doc. But the ESR is high in blood exam, about 35mm/hr, any problem. Any problem in become preganant.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 5 minutes later
Esr may come after TSH has come to normal. Even if it doesnt no issues in becoming pregnant. She has to wait until TSH comes to normal before planning pregnancy. She can plan preg only when it has come back to normal. Thyroid hormone dosage will have to be increased if she becomes pregnant
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor