Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffering from prolonged bleeding and feeling weak. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi iam bleeding for more than a month..due to which iam having weakness. I am even having irritation with the pad. What should I do, it is irritating
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 38 minutes later
First its important to find out why you are bleeding for such a long time. Prolonged bleeding can of course cause anemia and weakness. Some things to do:
Start iron supplements daily.You can try syrup/tablets as both are available.
You need to be assessed by a doctor.
Get an ultrasound of the uterus and adnexa.
Some blood tests should be done- Hb,CBC, thyroid profile, LH,FSH.BT,CT
You need to stop the bleeding can take tranemic acid/ehtamsylate thrice daily for 5 days.
Change the brand of the pad.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor