Stomach pain, vomiting, metallic odor. Reasons?
Thanks for your query.
The metallic odour, vomitus and the abdominal pain are typically seen in severe acid peptic diseases or any irritating lesion in the stomach.
She has to be given a course of antacids like Tab PRILOSEC taken ones in a day early in the morning before food for a week.Any relief after this medication will confirm the fact that it is due to acid peptic disease.If there is no relief found then there would be need for an endoscopy which with images of the inner lining of the stomach gives detailed insights into the problem.
If your wife has dark coloured stools, it could be an alarming indicator of bleeding in the stomach.This happens in severe acid peptic disease.
Do consult a gastroenterologist for better management.
Also do get her Haemoglobin levels tested as rarely in some cases of anaemia (bloodlessness ) the metallic odour or taste is sensed.
Please do accept my answer with a review , if it was satisfying.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach pain after vomiting
- Stomach pain and vomiting
- Stomach pain vomiting then globulus
- Stomach pain vomiting diarrhea reason
- Experiencing stomach pain and vomiting
- Stomach pain nausea vomiting
- Stomach pain vomiting metallic odor reasons
- Stomach paining sudden vomiting
- Stomach pains with no diarrohea and vomitting
- Cunnilingus stomach pain vomitting