Sore throat, burning sensation, thrush treatments, acid reflux treatments, post nasal drip treatments
Thanks for the query
Sore throat can be due to various reasons, and you have been treated for all those suspected conditions and various investigations have also been performed on you to find the actual cause.
Presuming you do not have snoring or reduced hemoglobin then the other probable factors could be depression, treatment with Citalopram. Depression by itself can cause globus sensation (foreign body sensation) in the throat. Citalopram given for depression by its antihistaminic like effects can cause dryness of the oral cavity leading to burning sensation in the throat. And, you have noticed these symptoms since past 4 months only. So it cannot be attributed to any other conditions like sinusitis or acid reflux because, the symptoms would have got subsided with the treatment. As you have not found any improvement with those medications, then the other most probable cause for your symptoms could be the Citalopram only.
You can discuss this with your psychologist and request him to change the medicine for you. Hope the symptoms might improve with change of the medicine. Secondly, if the symptoms do not improve even after changing the medications you will require a CT scan of the neck to rule out any growth in the neck or upper thorax which are producing these symptoms. Drink plenty of XXXXXXX warm water to keep the throat moist, avoid chilled items, fizzy drinks and oily food for few days.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any doubts, I am available to follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post nasal drip treatment roxid
- Ayuvedic treatments for post nasal drip
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drip
- Post nasal drip treatment
- Post nasal drip natural treatment
- Post nasal drip cough treatment
- Post nasal drip sore throat earache
- Post nasal drip sore throat
- Post nasal drip sore throat sore jaw
- Post nasal drip ayurvedic treatment
- Small multi-nodular goiters,elevated T3 in thyroid profile,TSH and T4...
- Blocked ears, dizziness, BP 120/66, tooth removal done recently, fever
- Fell and injured jaw, stiff neck, swollen lymph node, fever, neck pain
- What should I do if I have heartburn, tenderness at the base of my throat?
- How to treat watery eyes ?
- How to treat allergic rashes due to medications ?
- Hard,tender lump on side of face,lump rolls,eyelid swollen after tick...
- Throat tightens,unable to sleep,generic of nexium,generic for...
- What is the reason for tightness in throat and fatigue?
- Chinese herbal creams, eczema ointment, base cream from company,...