Red patch on back with itching. What is this?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My skin has been irritated the last few days and then this formed on my skin today on my back. Minor itching
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for the query and photograph. I can see there is a well defined red patch on your back. It is appearing like a fungal infection. I would like to know the following things. 1. Is this the only patch or there are other lesions also on chest area? Do you see any fluid coming out from the lesions? I am asking the above to rule out shingles. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 53 minutes later
Hi! No lesions on chest area, yet, however, on the left side of my chest the same irritation is there but no redness ir anything like that. And no fluid!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for the follow up. Its fungal infection. Please apply Oint Clotrimazole twice daily. You will get relief within 15 days. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you