Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Recurrent swelling over vaginal area causing difficulty in walking. What could the cause be?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5964 Questions

Special region(Pussy) got swollen and i was not able to walk at all and this problem happened thrice in period of two years.

I guess because i dnt drink lot of water and while travelling home and all i don't pee untill i reach home.
The medicines doctor prescribed:
T-Bact - Ointment
chymoral forte
Metrogyl 400

Please check do let me the reason.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.
You seem to be having a perineal abscess.
This is an infection ( localized ) in the vaginal area.
You have been prescribed T bact ointment which is antibiotic for local use.
Sporidex and Metrogyl are antibiotics for oral use again, and Chymoral is given to reduce pain and swelling.
Reasons for this could be -

1. Lack of local hygiene - prolonged wetness, sweat and dampness in private parts
2. working in hot atmosphere and not changing undergarments for long
3. Use of medicated or perfumed cleansers, douches, soaps etc.
4. use of sanitary napkins to which you are allergic - not changing pads for too long
5. As you mentioned, dehydration which can cause urinary infection which can spread to private parts.
6. Using public toilets while working
7. Having diabetes - get your blood sugars checked.
8. Unprotected sex - transmission from your sexual partner.

Treatment prescribed to you is adequate.
In addition -
Wear cotton underwear which is non allergic.
change undergarments frequently.
Avoid excessive accumulation of sweat in private parts.
Use clotrimazole dusting powder to keep the area dry.
Clean private parts with plain water - do not use any fancy products.
Avoid use of perfumed pads, tampons. tissue paper, condoms to which you might be allergic.
Screen yourself and your partner for STDs.
Get your blood sugars tested.
If overweight, then maintain a healthy BMI.

Take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Recurrent swelling over vaginal area causing difficulty in walking. What could the cause be? 51 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doc for your tips....will get the sugar test done again and follow your steps to ensure.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
All the best .
It was a pleasure helping you.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor