Recently, my wife was confirmed with pregnancy and she is
1. Can she travel out via 2 wheeler to take the Injection (Clinic is just 1 km away from our place)?
2. Since the clinic is 1 km away, is it recommended her to walk for this particular distance?
3. What is the diet (eatable and fluids) that she should take? Does exercise is recommended? We need to have 1st scan on 9th March 2019.
Please let me know if there are any additional precautions that we need to be mindful to ensure a smooth process.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Before I guide you any further, please let me know a few things -
1. Is the pregnancy spontaneous ( natural conception ) or was any treatment taken for conception .
2. At what weeks of pregnancy did previous miscarriage occur - was it terminated with surgery or medicines ?
3. Does she have any complications such as obesity, high BP, diabetes, thyroid issues or any other problems ?
Let me explain about the questions you have -
1. Yes she can take the 2 wheeler, since clinic is just 1 km away - drive slowly with due precautions for vehicular driving safety.
2. NO, walking is not advisable for this distance.
3. She should take lots of fluids ( 1 litre per 20 kg body weight ) and diet rich in protein and vitamins - egg, chicken, fish, fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, milk, curd, buttermilk, lemon water, dry fruits.
Avoid exercise till cardiac activity is seen.
4. Additional precautions
Avoid the following till heartbeat is confirmed - avoid bending, lifting weights, intercourse, travelling long distances, eating outside.
Avoid papaya and pineapple.
Take all medicines and injections duly prescribed and do not take any other injection without consulting your doctor.
Some amount of weight loss is common in first three months, so let her eat as per her likes and tastes in 1st 3 months.
Also, avoid food with preservatives and ajinomoto ( chinese food )
All the best.
please feel free to discuss further.
1. Pregnancy is not via natural conception and it was conceived with the IVF treatment.
2. It was an year back, at 6th week 1 day, miscarriage occurred and it is said that there was no heart beat and we didn't knew that pregnancy confirmed at that time and no precautions were taken and no medications were used since she has a period at that time and we thought that pregnancy was not confirmed. It was terminated by medicines only.
3. She doesn't have any problem now. Earlier she has PCOD problem and now it was cured with medications and there is no cyst now.
We are vegetarians and can you kindly share good eatables and fluids that she can take. Can she take fruit juices? sugarcane juice daily. She wanted to take only fluids and not feel like eating. Though you can also suggest good eatables.
It is normal for her not to feel like eating.
In first three months, that happens.
Please ask her to take tablet doxinate three times daily to avoid nausea, vomiting and to increase appetite.
Since it is IVF pregnancy, TAKE NO RISKS.
Totally avoid travelling, exertion in any manner.
I think there is a possibility of twin pregnancy because the B hcg levels are very high.
She can take - water, nimbu pani, sugarcane juice, fresh fruit juices squeezed at home, milk, milkshakes, smoothies, buttermilk, soup.
Good dietary items for her are - sprouts, pulses, vegetable soup, daliya, idli, fruit salads, normal salads, rotis, rice.
In which city do you reside ?
Since summer is approaching, she needs to take more fluids only.
1. Since you advised to avoid the travel completely. Hope she can travel for taking injections since it is very near to us and also when there is a need for scan and if it is far away from our place we can hire a cab/auto.
2. W.r.t fluids, juices, milkshakes, nimbu pani (salt/sugar), there is a sugar content involved and do we need to be cautious about sugar disease during early pregnancy.
3. We have a scan on 9th March, will we come to know about twins at that time.