Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Noticed dark circular bump near urethra. Having burning sensation after urination. What to do?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
This morning I noticed a dark circular area/bump near my urethra. I recently went for STD testing (which came back negative) but have been sexually active sense. I would just like to know what this could be. I had been having some burning with urination (why I got the STD testing done). I have noticed this off and on since. I thought this could be from just not drinking enough water. Also, I have what seems to be a rash on my chest, and am noticing similar pustules on my face. I thought this could be heat rash. It looks like very small pimples with white heads, and there is a burning sensation if they are popped. In addition, I have had a lot of gas in the form of belching. I have attached pictures of the bump. Just would like to know what this could be and if I should got see a doctor.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hello there,

I note your detailed history with interest but it does not state how long this lesion has been there, when it started & the evolution of the same.

I have looked at the photograph (that is a touch blurry am afraid) & it is suggestive of some sort of 'balanitis' or inflammation state. This may have a variety of causes most commonly a fungal infection &/or 'friction' related. It may have to do with your sexual practices, which again have not been detailed.

You may try a topical cream containing a cortisone-antifungal combination that your local chemist could help you out with. I find plenty of water/fluids will help you flush out any mild urethral infection or burning sensation.

The gas, belching et al may be some sort of gastric discomfort unrelated but both this & the pimples may respond to a simple antibiotic called metronidazole. Please get it prescribed by your Good Luck.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor