Mood swings, depression, taken Sertraline and Lithium. Suggestions ?
Any Suggestions of what could be wrong?
Thanks for writing to us.
From your history it seems that you are suffering from depression and mood changes. To get adequate response with sertraline, one has to take it for at least six weeks continuously as it shows its antidepressant effect by modulating central serotonin receptors.
If you are taking the medications regularly and still you are not getting the optimum effect then you need to discuss this with your physician so that he can give you a combination of antidepressants.
You need to remain close to your family and friends with whom you can talk and share your feelings and difficulties. Other than that some simple measures that can help you include-
1. Practice relaxation exercises like yoga, XXXXXXX breathing exercises, etc.
2.Do a regular workout or exercise like aerobics.
3. Decrease sugar intake in your diet.
4. Indulge in some interesting hobbies.
5.Listen to music , go to parks or picnics with friends, etc.
These will relax your tension to a large extent and you will find your life interesting. Psychotherapy will also help you.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is depressed mood a side effect of sertraline?
- Norlevo depressed mood swing
- Depression mood swing
- Depression high and low mood swings
- Menopause mood swings depression
- Sertraline for depression
- Carbimazole depression mood swings
- Sertraline side effects depression
- Bad coordination depression mood swings aggressive on sertraline help
- Mood swings depression taken sertraline and lithium suggestions