Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is there any surgical procedure for scar tissue after a klebsiella infection?

May 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6502 Questions
I had a very bad klebsiella infection that last over 6 months that was mainly causeing a discharge from the penis that would burn my private area to the point of bleeding, After the infection was treated with 2 months of IV infusion, I was left with very bad pelvic area pain. That at first was thought to be a hernia or stones etc. Mri and cts were done over the next sevreral months, The last pelvid Mri did show that i had scar tissue that remained as a result of the infection, I was reading that scar tissue is very painful and it really is. My question is, Will scar tissue heal over time as months pass, Or is thier a surgical procedure that I can do to rectify this horrible pain that I am having ? Thanks
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please attach CT and MRI report copy Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. It is important to go through entire MRI report before proceeding with discussion whether surgical treatment will help treat your condition. Please scan and send me a copy of the CT and MRI reports mentioning scar tissue details in full. You may attach your report to your query. Waiting for an update from your end. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is there any surgical procedure for scar tissue after a klebsiella infection? 17 hours later
It did say that Mild bilateral scar tissue was noted, More so on the right side than the left. I will see if i can upload a copy later tonight for you
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Looking forwards to your update Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in with an update. There are many areas in the pelvis where scar tissue formation can occur. Scar tissue around the the urinary bladder, ureters and prostate regions can be present. I wish that you update me with a copy of the report so that I get an exact idea of your present condition and explain it in details. Looking forward to your update. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor