Is shingles contagious?
Shingles is not contagious!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I have reviewed your information fully.
1. Shingles is not contagious. You cannot get shingles by being around someone who hasn’t had it before. However, if the person beside you has never had chicken pox before or is vaccinated against chicken pox, they may rather develop chicken pox. They cannot develop shingles by being around someone with shingles.
2. 6-12months is the recommended wait period after a recent shingle episode before getting a vaccine for shingles.
I hope this helps. I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is shingles contagious
- Contagious period for shingles
- How long is shingles contagious
- When is shingles most contagious
- Is shingles infection or contagious
- Shingles contagious treatment betadine
- When is shingles not contagious
- How contagious is shingles virus
- Shingles contagious to pregnant women
- Is shingles contagious or infectious
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?