Is pregnancy possible despite getting a negative urine test report?
take meprate for 3-5 more days; chances of pregnancy is very unlikely
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
First of all, urine sample despite showing negative results, you can become pregnant. It is false negative and is very rare, more rare in this case. So it is unlikely.
Now, meprate can induce periods but the normal duration of course is for 3-7days. So you should take it for 3-4 more days before coming to any diagnosis.
Lastly, cut off stress. Any stress can delay periods to some extent. So be relaxed.
Hope this was useful.
It makes irregular periods regular
Yes i understand your worry.
What you have heard is partially right too. Let me explain.
Meprate or medroxyprogesterone acetate is a synthetic progesterone. It works similar to progesterone. It normalises irregular bleeding. It can treat excessive mid cycle bleeding but more commonly it treats amenorrhea or absence of menstruation. On taking this medicine, breakthrough bleeding occurs after 3-5days and then after normal duration, menstruation occurs. Some consider this as delaying in periods. Whereas its major function remains normalisation of menstruation in amenorrhea.
Hope this explains.
Will blood test prove 100% reliable?
Please suggest the name of the blood test.
I'm sure it will be negative. If yes, can I continue to take meprate?
If suppose it is positive, please suggest if it is safe to abort by myself through pills. If yes, what is the pill name.
Even if the blood test is negative, if I take abortion pill to get periods will it cause side effects? Please advise answers for all.
USG is diagnostic; abortion through pills is very safe
Let me answer one by one.
1. Blood test detects hCG in blood. It is called quantitative estimation of beta hCG in blood. But it is not 100% confirmative. Only ultrasonography can be diagnostic. It can only be done under advice of a doctor.
2. If blood test is negative, you can take meprate as advised to get your hormone levels to normal and there is no need to take abortion pills.
3. Abortion with pills is totally safe during first 7weeks. Mefepristone followed by misoprostol is effective as well as safe. It is called medical termination of pregnancy.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Negative pregnancy test ketones urine
- Any chances of pregnancy despite negative urine pregnancy test
- Negative urine pregnancy test 2 months late
- Negative urine pregnancy test
- Negative urine pregnancy test after 4 months
- Frequent urination negative pregnancy test
- Spotting urine pregnancy test negative pregnancy chances
- Negative pregnancy test but no period and blood clots in urine
- Periods delayed urine pregnancy test negative chance to get pregnant
- Negative pregnancy test frequent urination headache profuse sweating pregnancy possibility
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?