Is frequent urination a symptom of UTI?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am bisexual and have recently been tested for all STDS. My question is that it seems like right after receiving oral sex from another guy, I had frequent urination that resembles a UTI... I am curious if this is a sign of a STD? I am a bit impatient and curious.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
STD due to oral sex is less common

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query
STDs through oral sex is less likely than with Vaginal and anal sex. Frequency of urination could be due to anxiety, urinary tract infection due STD and nonspecific organisms. Simple and routine examination will reveal whether it is due to infection or not. If there is evidence of infection, further special tests like smear and culture examination of urine will differentiate STD and non STD causes. Treatment can be planned accordingly.
Dr S Murugan