Is back pain,headache and stabbing pain in armpits a symptom of myositis?
Thanks for your query.
The flu like symptoms along with neck and back pain with stabbing under armpits points towards the symptoms related to the nerves.Your raised white cell count is also indicative of infection. It seems that this infection( could be viral/bacterial) has involved your spinal cord region causing an extra compression on the nerve roots coming out from there , hence is the cause of pain.
You now need to have your spinal fluid examined for any infections and get an MRI of spinal cord done to see any fluid accumulation inside the cord or any nerve root compression.
I suggest you see a Neurologist/ Orthopedic Surgeon for an examination and further investigations.
Without an examination and investigations it would be difficult to say if it could be myositis.Though it could be a possibility considering there is a presence of infection.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Stabbing pain
- Chemotherapy upper back stabbing pain
- Symptoms of stabbing pain in sternum
- Stabbing pain chest and upper back
- Stabbing pain in breast symptom
- Stabbing pains on both sides of back
- Back stabbing pain and feeling sick
- 34 weeks stabbing pain in the back
- Stabbing pain in middle of back cause
- Cough stabbing pain in back inhaling