Is an endometrium thickness of 19 mm a concern?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Doc I have adenomyosis and endometriosis 19 mm thickness.. Recently undergone a D&C and waiting for my biopsy results.. Pl explain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy done to rule out malignancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Your endometrium has an increased thickness. It can happen due to hormonal influence or malignancy. This needs a biopsy to rule out any malignancy or polyps. D&C is the only way to do a biopsy. It is best to wait for the results and rule out any endometrial pathology.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee