Is GFR level of 90 a cause for concern?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Hello,

Given very normal BUN/Cr levels, is a GFR of 90 considered low for a healthy 24 year old male caucasian athlete?
This is during a ER visit for tachycardia, normal blood work and after urinating a lot (possibly a bit dehydrated) due to stress.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your Renal function s normal not to be worried for .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

A GFR of 90 with normal Blood Urea Nitrogen and Serum creatinine can be considered to be normal and does not suggest any kidney disease .

Tachycardia that you had could be due anxiety or exercise related .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.