Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How to treat the pain at the base of penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
I have small pain at base of penis (at deep dorsal vein location). How to treat it.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 minutes later

Thanks for your query

Pain at the base of penis can be due to various reasons as Bruise,UTI, Prostatitis or any injury.If it is associated with any other symptoms as burning urination,urgency or increased frequency of urination,fever etc then it is indicative of any underlying disorder as Prostate inflammation.

You could follow these suggestions

Apply ice pack several times in a day.
Drink lots of water.
Avoid any kind of stretching exercise.
Have some painkillers as Paracetamol or Ibuprofen.

If due to any injury or bruise the symptoms should subside in a day or two.But if there is any other associated symptom as fever or burning in urine then you need to get it examined by a Urologist and might require some investigations as Urine Tests and USG to rule out the exact cause of pain.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How to treat the pain at the base of penis? 4 hours later

Dear Doctor,

There are no visible injury or bruise. Neither are symptoms like burning urination, urgency or increased urination, fever. It is a little discomfort throughout the day but pain appears more at Penis base (top side - deep dorsal vein location), while bending down the penis.

However I have started the Ibuprofen and Ciproflaxacin 500.

Will wait for another couple of days then go for physical examination.

If you have further update kindly inform.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thats good if there are no other symptoms.You have already started the pain killer and follow the other instructions also which I have explained you in the previous answer as applying ice pack.
If after 3 days the pain is persistent and there is no other change do not hesistate to visit a Urologist for evaluation.

Wishing you Good Health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor