How to reduce tummy ?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jul 2014 in Sun Burn
Question: How to reduce tummy ?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight reduction plan

Detailed Answer:
Thank You for posting the query.

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query and i have understood it.

To reduce the abdominal fat, you are required to consider some basic changes in the eating pattern and food choices. Cutting down on calories and adding the necessary fillers like insoluble fibres/roughage would add bulk to the diet. This helps in attaining satiety while consuming lesser calories. Include a lot of whole cereals, pulses, fruits and vegetables to your diet.

It is better to maintain diet chart by simply daily food intake items in a diary. Also calculate your calorie intake from that diary and restrict it 1500 k cal per day.

Restrict the intake of the refined foods like those made with refined wheat flour. You are also required to choose the fats wisely, limit the intake of oil and avoid the fried foods and snacks.

Include good protein sources like legumes, dals, milk and its products and soy in the diet.

It is important to consume sufficient water and take a good sleep. Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to keep up the metabolism.

You may also include options like green tea and lemon tea.

Avoid heavy meals after sunset and reduce the total salt intake.

In addition to the dietary modifications, exercises are equally important, especially the ones for abs. Moves like crunches, twist crunches, bicycle crunch, step hop, squats etc. are excellent to burn abdominal fat and tone the muscles. Avoid lying down or sitting immediately after the meals. You may go for a light walk after lunch and dinner.

In exercise plan: Incorporate aerobics and brisk walk in your exercise plan at least for 30 min a day. It is better to follow exercise program daily for more benefit. Simple walking is not of much use in weight reduction, so try to do brisk walk.

Most important thing to lose weight is to remain motivated towards your goal. Target around 2 kg weight reduction in every month as it will not disturb physiological functioning of body.

Get your self evaluated for thyroid hormone as in many cases hypothyroidism specially in female can lead to obesity.

Surgical options are the only solution when everything else has been fruitless. Lipolysis/Liposuction and Tummy tucks are drastic/surgical measures to reduce tummy fat but personally I do not favored them till you have followed above measures. Even after these drastic/surgical measures you need to follow the above mentioned dietary and general measures OR else you might again put on weight.

Hope this helps