How to know abortion is complete?
Normal for that to happen for upto 6 weeks after an abortion.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Yes, after an abortion, it is sometimes common to have milk secretion from the breasts for upto 6 weeks.
IF it persists beyond that, please have prolactin levels measured to see if there is any abnormality.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
A pregnancy test is not reliable to know if the abortion was complete or not.
The only accurate test to know this is to have a pelvic ultrasound scan.
If that was normal 2 weeks after taking the tablets, then the abortion is complete and you are no more pregnant.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to abort pregnancy at home abort babies
- How to abort a baby without abortion
- Is abortion completed after bleeding
- How to ensure complete abortion after taking abortion pills
- How can medical abortion be done with abortion pill
- How do you know a successful abortion
- Incomplete vs complete abortion
- Will prepidil treat complete abortion ?
- How to abort 8weeks pregnant abortion
- Medicine on how to abort a baby