How to confirm pregnancy?

Posted on Sat, 27 Dec 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: we are trying for a baby. It has been 9 days past from period due date (last period was on 25th Oct). Today is 39th day from last period. her periods cycle used to be very regular. we took home pregnancy test thrice, it all was negative. yesterday we took Serum HCG Beta blood test, it was resulted in only 2.5 mIU/ml, so negative.

But She is having white vaginal discharges for the past three days - this give the positive feel for us but all our tests were negative.

We want to know if she is pregnant, let us know how & when to determine please.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
negligible chances of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, I understand your health concerns.
In my opinion don't keep false hopes as by now if she had been pregnant then at least bHCG would have been raised.
So I'm giving you micronised progesterone
Tablet Susten 200mg twice a day for 5 days.
After stopping the drug she will get periods in 2-5 days but in case she is already pregnant then it will only support the pregnancy and there won't be any periods.
I hope the discussion was useful for you and in case you have any questions I will be happy to help.

Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
we are new to pregnancy and you may laugh at this question. but the question is, will the negligible chances of pregnancy & tablets to increase the chances anyhow related to (or affect) the babies health?

Many thanks for the tablet.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
no harm to mother or baby

Detailed Answer:
Yes i know what you are thinking, thats why i have given you micronised progesterone which has no side effect in pregnancy and is safe for the baby in case there is a pregnancy.
Feel free to contact us anytime in case you have other questions, i will be glaf to answer.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 19 minutes later
Thanks again for the reply.

She is a software engineer, can she go for work during these 5 days? her office is location is 15kms away, and it takes 2:30 hours for up and down (due to lot of traffic) in AC vehicle every day, can she go to office or it is better to take rest?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no need of extra rest

Detailed Answer:
There is no need to take off from duty and she can go to office like routine.
Routine activities can be done in usual manner.
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN