Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

How to close fallopian tubes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 2965 Questions
if somebody has conceived earlier say 3-4 Years back, but now if the same person is not able to conceive for past 5 months, would it be helpful to undergo HSG procedure or can it be assumed that fallopian tubes will not get closed during a lifetime?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fallopian tube can be closed anytime. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Yes, you should consult a gynaecologist and get your HSGtest done to rule out that your Fallopian tubes are open. You should go for thyroid test, blood test, ultrasonography test and semen analysis. Fallopian tube can be closed anytime. You should start taking folic acid tablet daily it will help in conception. I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you. Good luck. Regards Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor